MSGCU is pleased to announce that our 2022 Scholarship program begins accepting applications on Wednesday, January 5! This year we are offering 35 scholarships, each for $2,500, to applicants within the Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union field of membership. Our scholarship portfolio includes:
- two scholarships benefiting high school seniors with plans to attend college;
- a scholarship benefiting high school seniors and college students with education majors;
- a scholarship benefiting teachers and administrators continuing their education;
- and lastly, a scholarship benefiting students enrolled in a skilled trades program.
Highlights about each scholarship:
- Educational Solutions Scholarship – offered to high school seniors graduating in the spring of 2022 who plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university. Eighteen (18) $2,500 scholarships are awarded.
- Rudolph Heino High School Scholarship – offered to high school seniors graduating in the spring of 2022 who embody the MSGCU philosophy of “people helping people.” Five (5) $2,500 scholarships are awarded.
- Larry Swantek Educational Studies Scholarship – offered to high school seniors graduating in the spring of 2022 who plan to major in education or current college students with an education major. Four (4) $2,500 scholarships are awarded.
- Milo Perreault Educator Advantage Scholarship – offered to certified educators and administrators of early childhood, primary, secondary and post-secondary schools attending a continuing education program, college, or university. Four (4) $2,500 scholarships are awarded.
- William Cayen Skilled Trades Scholarship – offered to students enrolled at an accredited not-for-profit public school or a private vocational skilled trades school located in Macomb, Oakland or Wayne County. Students must be pursuing a certificate in a skilled trades program in the areas of engineering, manufacturing, or other industrial and advanced technologies, and have consecutively earned six (6) credit hours thus far. New this year, applicants will no longer have to complete an essay. In its place, applicants will answer three simple questions. In addition, a letter of recommendation can now be submitted from a teacher, instructor, or administrator, rather than solely from an administrator. Four (4) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded in 2022.
- When is the application period?
This year, we extended the submission period through the weekend to give applicants ample time to submit. Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. EST through Tuesday, March 1, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. EST.
- How does an applicant apply?
Applications must be completed online at msgcuscholarships.org. Paper applications are not accepted.
View the full scholarships available: